30 Things I Learned In My First 30 Years
1. Be nice as often as possible.
2. If you’re ever not nice, be fair and reasonable.
3. An intelligent person is likely to be perpetually frustrated.
5. Work until you don’t feel like working anymore, then work 10% longer.
6. Your credit is your life. Protect it.
7. Don’t listen to anyone that isn’t doing what you want to do.
8. Step outside of yourself as often as you can and reassess the situation from a distance.
9. Don’t learn things that you don’t intend on using to better yourself. Practice the art of selective ignorance.
10. At least some people can tell if you don’t know what you’re talking about, and they will just look at you like you’re an idiot. Stop talking.
11. Be nice to police officers.
12. Listen to music you don’t typically listen to occasionally, and find a song that you like in a weird genre.
13. It’s ok if your circle of friends gets smaller over time.
14. Just because your friends agree with you doesn’t mean you’re right.
15. It’s better to be overdressed than underdressed.
16. Everyone judges you. Use that presumption to help yourself.
17. Drive your cars with 98% caution, 2% exhilaration. Get your damn oil changed.
18. Start a business. Make at least 1 legitimate dollar.
19. Your life partner should support your dreams. Do not accept anything less.
20. It’s better to own less clothes that are of higher quality. More expensive does not automatically equal higher quality.
21. Don’t go to college just for the hell of it. If possible, take a year in-between before you take the plunge.
22. People don’t quit jobs, they quit bosses. Be a good boss or find a good one.
23. You are not as good or as bad as you think you are.
24. You can close the gap by working harder.
25. You’re not missing out on life when you are getting yourself together.
26. Listen to your body.
27. If you’re worried you have something, ask your doctor to prove that you don’t.
28. Money matters. Having expensive taste matters more.
29. If someone says something that pisses you off, wait at least 5 seconds before you respond.
30. Get rid of all things which cause unnecessary friction in your life. All of it.